The Diamond Jubilee Town Hall was built on the site of the Greyhound Inn in 1897 from material which was originally the Court of Quarter Sessions of the Kirton in Lindsey House of Correction.
Today Kirton in Lindsey Town Hall is owned by the people of Kirton. It is not a civic building and has undergone a million pound renovation. It hosts weddings, clubs, meetings, parties, conferences and entertainment. Kirton in Lindsey Town Hall | Facebook
The Town Hall is a Grade II listed building in the conservation area of the Market Place.
It was built to commemorate Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee and dominates the Market Place.
The original Trustees and Guarantors of the Hall were local prominent citizens of the time.
The Town Hall, built in the Palladian style, must have been a marvellous sight when first completed; further confirming the importance of Kirton in Lindsey at that time.
The Kirton in Lindsey Society also has a range of publications about the history of the area which can be purchased through their website: www.kirtoninlinsociety.org.uk